Bringing our local ACMOC chapter in for a show

Here members can post Zagray Farm related questions, concerns, and ideas.
acprimus
Member QVEA
Reactions:
Name: Austin Primus

Bringing our local ACMOC chapter in for a show

Post by acprimus »

This past November I attended a banquet for our regional (NJ, CT, east PA, southern NY) Chapter 8 of the Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club. Those in attendance were welcoming to this new young member and afterwards I mentioned to some of the directors that I was a Connecticut resident and a ZF member. Most of them attended the 2007 HCEA show and a few after that but none since our building spree commenced. They are looking for new places to go and display equipment and play in the dirt as where most of them are in NJ and Eastern PA, they are on a perpetual tour of the same venues. I agreed to put a proposal forth with my fellow Farmers. 

We have several members who own Cat equipment spanning anything from ag crawlers to graders to hydraulic excavators. I know our folks would make them feel welcome and bring out their yellow (or gray, or black, or rusty) toys, and the ACMOC folks sounded happy to bring their toys up here. All they requested was room for a tent and display area. Easy enough. We've had success bringing groups to our shows and I think this would be a good one. What do y'all think? 

Marc bezanson
Director
Reactions:

Re: Bringing our local ACMOC chapter in for a show

Post by Marc bezanson »

Acmoc is a great club, this is alway a welcome idea. We could slide in a cat feature to go along with them.
rockbusters are also another group we can get re involved now that we’re free of the historical society and there problems. I talked with Ricky about hosting one of there meetings at the farm, then all this covid shit happened...in the back of my mind I have been tossing around the HCEA 2027 nation convention  :shock:

JMotuzick
Reactions:
Name: Joe M

Post by JMotuzick »

Sounds like a great idea to me! Anything we can do to get other groups involved at the farm is a good thing. Long term the HCEA sounds Ike a great idea. Even longer term I could see the farm hosting about 10 different groups on a regular basis, each every couple years?

acprimus
Member QVEA
Reactions:
Name: Austin Primus

Post by acprimus »

The Rockbusters have a lot of common members so that could easily work. I had a lot of fun when we had the Allis-Chalmers show in 2015. I was just a kid when I attended the HCEA show here and that was a blast to be at. I don't see why that couldn't be put out there down the road. Gotta be a lot of new pit space for that to work though. 

Glad to see it's a welcome idea so far. Any feedback is welcome before I start talking with Chapter 8 seriously. 

ConnorB
Director
Reactions:
Name: Connor B

Post by ConnorB »

Sounds good to me!

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

We are in a much better position today than we were for the HCEA 2007 show, and that went great. electric power, the big building could be used for vendors, pavilion will be in place along with commercial power for several food concessions, flush toilets (I hope!), and more usable land in the field due to the filling/ re-grading project underway. Bring it on!