lawn maintenance equipment shed

Moderators: Aleks P, RickPT3090, Directors

Forum rules
All Directors can add and Edit posts in this section! If you make a change add your Initials next to the item you add or change. if you delete something make a note of that with your Initials Also. thanks
artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

lawn maintenance equipment shed

Post by artc »

I'm thinking of building a 12' X 16' shed behind the new engine building. Keeping it under 200 sq feet will allow us to build without needing a permit.

It is intended to be a used to store the Z turn, lawn mowers, rakes, leaf blower, etc. and get these items out of the display buildings.

Thinking ahead, I installed a 2" pipe out the back of the Chester building for power.

I'll need material from the sawmill as we have basically nothing after construction of the engine building.

ConnorB
Director
Reactions:
Name: Connor B

Re: lawn maintenance equipment shed

Post by ConnorB »

What about cleaning all the crap out of the little garage up front to store that equipment? One less building to build.

I also envision the area behind the engine buildings as future show and display area and not appropriate for a maintenance building. If we do build a shed, how about in the corner of the field/lawn where the cat 60 is, closest to the sawmill? kind of where the topsoil pile was.

Connor

JMotuzick
Reactions:
Name: Joe M

Post by JMotuzick »

I’m ok with a shed if it’s deemed necessary, I do also agree in cleaning up any spaces we already have. There are a lot of things around the farm that we don’t use.

if we do build a shed, it’s not going in the cub corner! A few of us have walked the site and have plans to put camp sites starting at the end of the wood working shop and continuing along the tree line to the area where we top dressed last spring. As for the space in the middle also a camp site or two. Mike has expressed interest in a “permanent” spot. I  in-vision all is cub guys to set up in that area… basically I’m saying no shed between the tractor barn and wood shop. 

Dave C
Site Admin
Reactions:
Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

I like the idea of a Shed for this type of thing, and i also have been invisioning a good place centrally located to keep, store and charge batterys. As doing this in the gas shed could have explosive results.

As for a place. i guess we will need to scope it out sometime when were all at the farm. Possibly just to the Right of the gas shed may make a nice place? 

Its a tough thing to place.... try and keep it out of the show area right? but also make it centrally convienent to access. Id say building it on some nice 6x6 pressure treat skids would also allow us to relocate it in the future.

ConnorB
Director
Reactions:
Name: Connor B

Post by ConnorB »

Building on skids is a great idea. Next to gas shed would make sense too. 

But before we think any harder about that, I really think we should consider cleaning the garage up front. One weekend and a couple people and we would be done, rather than sawmill time plus weeks of construction time.

Connor

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

The thought here is that it is too far to go to get a mower or rake, thus the need for an additional building. We also need a place to serve as a battery charging station, and that can't be in the gas shed. Placing it near the gas shed makes some sense and I'm liking it. A concrete slab on grade makes for an easy entry for mowers, and is way cheaper than a skid system with pt plywood floor and pt joists. 

Dave C
Site Admin
Reactions:
Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Correct, cleaning the building upfront would be a great idea. But as said. too far to get a mower, rake, leaf blower etc.

Yes a concrete pad would be nice and easy and cheap... but i would think that would make the building permanent structure? and could subject us to wetlands review and permits?

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

We'll have to check into the wording of the under 200 square foot language for Hebron. Otherwise, piers it is. I'd like to use the building for show stakes and twine as well. No